How to Join
British Heart Rhythm Society (BHRS) membership provides up to date information, supports continuing professional development and allows networking opportunities for professionals involved in the provision of high quality arrhythmias care for patients in the UK.
Membership is open to consultants, nurses, physiologists and other allied professionals involved in providing arrhythmia care.
BHRS Membership Benefits
• Representation at the top level of UK Cardiology.
The BHRS is affiliated to the British Cardiovascular Society (BCS) and the Arrhythmia Alliance (A-A). It has a seat on the BCS council and enjoys a close working relationship with A-A.
• Cardiac physiologist representation at the Academy of Healthcare Science (AHCS), National School of Healthcare Science (NSHCS) and Improving Quality in Physiological Services (IQIPS) professional boards.
• Arrhythmia nurse members have access to an arrhythmia nurse forum and multiple shared policies, pathways, presentations and job descriptions accessible through the BHRS website members only pages
• Eligibility to apply for BHRS certification in Devices, Electrophysiology and Nursing/Clinical certification
• Discounted rates for Heart Rhythm Congress (Membership fee is taken off the registration fee to attend)
• A chance to influence BHRS by voting in council elections, attending and voting at the AGM and standing for office
• Access to a multidisciplinary council with the ability to raise concerns and voice opinion regardless of profession.
• Opportunity to submit case reports, traces and review articles for online publication demonstrating CPD to the BHRS editorial programme with published articles awarded 2 BHRS re-certification points to the first author per article.
• Free access to member’s only content on the BHRS website with a selection of educational resources including presentations, journal summaries and resources.
• Opportunity for members to share local protocols and guidelines through BHRS members only webpages which may help members avoid duplicating effort when developing new services, documents and standard operational policies.
Consultants/Physiologists/Industry: £60.00 per annum
Nurses/Trainees: £40.00 per annum
Please click here to complete the membership application form. Your membership application will be formally presented for ratification within 7-10 days, and you will receive an email notifying you of the outcome with instructions to set up a standing order to verify your membership.
If you have any further queries about BHRS membership, please see FAQs or contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 1789 867526