Decisions about Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
2 FREE SPACES
Applications are now closed as we’ve received the full quota of applications
The BHRS have been offered 2 free spaces for the forthcoming Decisions about Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation conference which is taking place virtually on Friday 13 May 2022. Applicants must be BHRS members and these spaces will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
This virtual conference focuses on the important issue of effective person centred practice in CPR decisions and communication.
4 applications will be taken. 2 will be offered and a reserve list of 2 will be made.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve decision making around CPR
- Reflect on a lived experience perspective
- Learn from outstanding practice in communication and advance care planning
- Explore what good practice looks like for CPR decisions
- Understand the challenges of the pandemic and implications of the CQC review and recommendations
- Ensure you are up to date with national developments and learning
- Improve the way patients are involved in decisions
- Ensure effective training and support for frontline staff
- Develop your skills in managing emergency situations/deteriorating patients including the use of treatment escalation plans
- Understand how you can improve compassionate support people, their families and as partners in personalised care
- Identify key strategies for communications and dealing with distressing conversations
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest legislative framework and legal issues
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Supports CPD professional development and acts as revalidation evidence. This course provides 5hrs training for CPD subject to peer group approval for revalidation purposes