Commissioning of Atrial Fibrillation Ablation
BHRS members need to be aware of this document published in 14th December 2022 from NHS Specialist commissioning. This requires (per patients):
- Completed Blueteq form
- Shared decision aid completion by the patient
- NICOR submission for procedure
- PROMS (2- 3 sets of data for each ablation).
The commissioning will not fund
- Ablation in the obese
- >3 AF ablations in a 5 year period without external review
- Trial of an antiarrhythmic drug first unless C/I, or for persistent AF, fail at rate control.
BHRS is considering developing an electronic PROMS to aid data collection.